Thursday, July 2, 2009

My Friend Rachel


My life has been blessed by having so many great friends. My friends Lora and I are so close that we really call each other sisters. I am sure my real sisters would not mind because all it would take is a day with Lora and they would want to add her to our family too! I also love and adore the entire family. Well, her daughter, Rachel, just entered a music contest and I thought I would post a link to it. Check it out and vote for her if you can!!

http://music.mormontimes.com/contest.php?id=3563&nocache=1

She is very gifted and I love her voice and composition. I thought I would also tell you a little bit more about her. She is a a very kind person, I have never heard her say one unkind thing! She is beautiful, but acts like she is the same as everyone else. She was Prom queen AND homecoming queen and tried to give her crown away when a girls said that she loved her crown!!! When I make a comment to her about any success she has had, she just looks at me and says, "Val, come on Val - that's enough" or just graciously says thanks and finds something to compliment me on! She lives so close to the spirit and you can tell it by the way she lives! I love you Rach and best of luck in this competition!!

3 comments:

Katie staten said...

I saw your post on friendship and was so excited that you missed me so much you wanted to post about me. Then I saw that the person you were talking about was humble(and then that beautiful part was a dead giveaway). I guess I was crushed to realize you weren't talking about me. hahahahahahaha
You know I'm kidding. I'm so lucky to have a friend like you. When am I going to see you again? Fwrenship, twue fwrenship...

Jess said...

I hope your friend wins the competition... let us know. She sounds like a truly amazing person. I love ya friend!

AKA Rosa said...

WOW...... you have been busy like me!! I can't believe I went so long without a post! Yesterday i just went crazy. Are you Utah homesick now or are you glad to be home? I will be heading back in a month. I think I will be driving it though! That is always a crazy long trip. Loved looking at all of your blogging. Wish we could all have our adventures yet live close enough to visit lots and lots. love you!