Thursday, July 23, 2009

Chicago & Temple Trip

We were able to go up after work on Friday Night to Chicago. It was our stake temple day and the youth were also doing baptisms. I pricelined a hotel room(only $50) and I have to tell you that I loved the hotel - -why?---Look at the bedding- down mattress pad, blankets and pillows!! I could hardly wait to sleep in all of the fluff!!! The hotel was about 15 minutes away from the temple, but I loved the area. We dropped off our luggage and went quickly to the mall before it closed!! It was an amazing mall! I actually though I might run into Oprah there!! There were all kinds a fancy stores and I think that some of the stores are from her Favorite things list!! Chris was content because we were going to the Lego store! I wish we could have shopped longer - lots of fun things to look at! We stopped on our way at the coolest grocery store! The fruits and vegetables were really cheap and they had tons of unique food various countries! It was a lot of fun!!

In the morning we met up with our friends the Wesels and they watched the girls while Chris and I went to the temple and then we watched their children while they went to the temple. Chris and I loved being in the temple together!! It was wonderful!! I love the temple and I love Chris - what could be better!!!

While our friends were in the Temple we took the children to lunch and to the LDS bookstore. It was a lot of fun. While I was there I bought each of the children a packet of Scripture hero cards. They were on clearance for $.79 and I thought it might be worth a try to see if it could occupy them for a little while! This is a picture of the Wesels!
Then it was time for the youth baptisms. It was a great experience for them! Since Chris is serving in the YM's it was a great experience for them to got to the temple together!
The youth and their leaders!

While they were in the temple I watched the children. They came up with their own game that occupied them for quite awhile. They laid out the cards and would give clues to which card they were thinking about. If they could guess it they could move this stone up one brick closer to ...
The Promised Land card! It was fun to watch them!
Kevin thinking hard!
Tiana asking questions!
Liberty
We had a wonderful day! We really do like Chicago and hope to be able to come and stay for a longer time next time and do some sightseeing!

5 comments:

AKA Rosa said...

Maybe because it is 12:08 am.... i too think that bed looks luscious. Looks like you had a fun temple trip!!! Oh.... and I love Larisas tall shoes and love how Tiana is sitting and looking at her cards!!

val m said...

I LOVE GOING TO THE TEMPLE!!!!!!! IT IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACE EVER!!!!!!!!!!

♥Larisa♥

Katie staten said...

What a great trip! What area was your hotel in? It looks a lot like the one we got on Memorial Day weekend. We'll have to plan a trip together when we get back.

Jodi Gallagher said...

What a great trip! You guys are always having fun!

Jess said...

We had a great time! It was so nice to spend the time with friends, next time we need to plan a little more and get a little more time to hang out with each other and not only trade kids.