Wednesday, July 22, 2009

4th of July Parade

Our town holds their parade on the fourth of July and it makes it a lot of fun! I love being able to just stay at home and have a good time! It was fun, yet a little sad, that the girls could go off by themselves to watch the parade up close! I loved watching them share candy that was tossed and have a good time together!

This was the start of the parade and they stopped in front of us while the National Anthem was sung. I loved it!!! It makes me cry every time!! We are so blessed to live in this amazing country!

I loved all the flags on this entry!

Okay, this cracked me up!!! A kind horse left us a present to help us remember why I don't want a horse! It was funny to watch the cars move around the doo-doo!! My favorite was watching the Shriner cars circle the pooh!! Or better yet, they had just cleaned it up when a group of performers came by from "Beauty and the Beast" one of the actors laid down right where the pooh had been and the crowd gasped!! The announcer said, "I think you'll want to wash that shirt."
This won the award for best "Float"!! It cracked me up a little when I think of all the royalty floats you would see in Utah!
A pretty pony!
I thought this old wooden boat was pretty cool!!
And, of course, you can't have a small town parade without a tractor - it just wouldn't be right!We had a great time just being a family!!

1 comment:

Jodi Gallagher said...

Ahhh I didn't take the kids to the parade this year. I decided the good ole santaquin parade in August will do just fine. But looks like you guys had fun. Such a good mama!