Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fourth of July!!

We had our friends the Statens over to swim, BBQ and watch fireworks! It was actually a pretty cold 4th, so it was almost to cold to swim - crazy weather!! We had a great time and feel so blessed to live in this great country! The girl's had a great time!
Larisa and Olivia! Larisa is a big help with all of the little children that come over!

Luke gets cold pretty fast and was out all dressed! He bent over to get something out of the pool and - SPLASH-he fell in!

We finally used out fire pit and made some smores!!

Happy Little Livy!!
Tiana loves to roast marshmallows!
Ryan Staten
Luke enjoying a smore!
Why do I always look tired???
Ryan and Katie
My girls would not think it is the fourth of July with out the flag cake!! Tiana helped with the cake this year!
We then went over to the lake to watch fireworks! They are so beautiful!! I love water!! It was so pretty to reflection of the fireworks in the water!
I know - blurry picture- but it shows how pretty the reflection is!
I am always amazed that it is God's creations that are always the most beautiful!!! The moon was gorgeous that night!
Another weird picture, but it kind of shows how peaceful it was to see the moon and its reflections on the lake. I loved hearing the tiny waves hit the beach - it is so relaxing and peaceful to me!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Did you do your annual sparkler dance?! I will ALWAYS miss you on the 4th!

The Nielsens said...

I LUV THE 4th OF JULY

AKA Rosa said...

LARISA!!! Way cute swimsuit!!

Katie staten said...

We had so much fun! Thanks for having us up. Can I have some of the pictures to blog about them myself? Miss you!