Monday, August 31, 2009

St Ignace

Chris took the day off on Friday and we decided to take a trip up north! We wanted to go to the U.P. and to Mackinac Island! We found a hotel on St Ignace and enjoyed our beautiful drive up Michigan! It is so pretty and green! This is the Mackinaw Bridge. It is 5 miles long, the 3rd longest bridge. For those of you who don't live here - it connects the upper peninsula to Michigan. On one side of the bridge is Lake Michigan and on the other is Lake Huron.
This is a picture from the bridge of Mackinac Island.
When we reached the other side of the bridge we stopped at the visitors center to plan out our evening. Tiana thought this would be a pretty spot to take her picture. Do you think she knew I would take a couple hundred more?
We stopped at a little Indian gift shop and took some pictures! Here is the Chief and his two little girls!
Larisa takes a turn at being the chief!
Tiana loved putting her braids on top of the painted braids!

After that we took a walk down the boardwalk. It really was beautiful and I thought it was a beautiful path! Here is Larisa pointing it out for you!
Larisa and Chris enjoying the views!
Sisters playing on the rocks!
I loved the beautiful vegetation growing on the beach!
One of my mom's favorite flowers is Queen Anne's Lace (yes, I know it is considered a weed) I think it is beautiful and every time I see it I think of my sweet mother. It is all over Michigan and I just finally took a picture of it!

1 comment:

AKA Rosa said...

WOW... you have been a busy blogger!! It must have taken you a long time to do because it has taken a long time to read and comment on!! I love your adventure and wish I could have been with you!!!!!!!! I loved loved loved talking you today. You are a wonderful sister and I love you tons!!!