Monday, August 10, 2009

Home From Girl's Camp

It was a long week for Tiana to be without her sister!! She missed her so much and could hardly wait to go and get her. She would cry every night and through out the day would talk about how much she missed her. When Tia was just thinking about dropping Larisa off at camp she would say, "Mom, be ready for some water works!" Chris and I missed her also, but we were so happy that she was able to have this experience! I have always loved girl's camp and have been lucky enough to go several times as a leader. This is a picture of the girls hugging when we picked up Larisa from camp!


Happy to be back together!

Larisa had a blast!!!! She loved almost everything about it!(the exclusion is pictured below) She loved the food! She loved her YCL's (youth camp leaders) ! She loved her level leaders! She had so much fun meeting new girls in the stake and just having a wonderful time. I've been thinking a lot about Larisa today and I am amazed at the sweet daughter I have been blessed with! Larisa enjoys life and she sees the good in most everything! She had no complaints about camp - just praise and great things to say! It has been so fun for me to listen to hear talk about how strong the spirit was at camp! She said she felt it every day and that she LOVED testimony meeting. She loved being with girls who felt and believed like she did! I am grateful she had fun and grateful that she is home!!! This is a picture of her and one of her best friends, Adri! I am sure that being with Adri made camp such a fun experience. I love Adri. She is a sweetheart and they are so fun to listen to! I am so thankful for good friends

These are her level leaders! She loved them and had such a great time with them. I am sure I would love to hang out at camp with these wonderful leaders!
Now for the not so fun part of camp!! I heard that Larisa had a lot of bug bites and I thought she was probably being dramatic! Well, when I got up to camp the nurse told me that she didn't she had bites, but that it was Poison Ivy. She said that Larisa had one of the worst cases at camp. I wish these pictures really showed how bad it was, but I took them several days after she had it. She was covered with it from her shoulders down to her toes! Poor little girl!! Chris' mom and sister came to visit and I am glad because it kept her mind off of it! She was very brave and didn't complain a lot about it! Next year I will be going over LOT's of pictures of poison ivy with her!!
Can you see how swollen and red they are around her feet? She was like that all over - the camera just didn't capture it!!!

1 comment:

AKA Rosa said...

I seriously feel itchy just looking at the pictures. I am so glad that Larisa was able to hang in there and still enjoy camp anyway. There is nothing quite like girls camp!!