Monday, August 24, 2009

Larisa's Room

Larisa has been asking to paint her room. She thinks it is a boring room and would like to brighten it up a little. I told her that her room was way down on the list, but that we could eventually get to it. She wants her room to be purple.
I figured we could keep her green things and the purple and green would be a great combo!
She has a lot of furniture for such a small room!
She LOVES her chair!
Well!!! The other day we were out shopping yard sales and came across this bedspread! Larisa loved it and said that she wanted it for her room! I thought it was cute and it came with 2 complete sheet sets, the comforter and pillow sham. I thought it was a good deal for $15! I really liked that it would maybe go well enough that we wouldn't have to paint! We changed around the furniture and took out the vanity to give her more room.

I bought some tulle to make a swag for her window and added some flowers.
I played around with my Cricut and added a few decorations.
She loves having a little corner to sit in!
If you were wondering what's wrapped around her bed, it is lights! I was excited to re-do her room for about $30! My very favorite part is how happy and grateful Larisa is! She has hugged me sooo many times and thanked me and told me how much loves it! It makes it all worth it!!

10 comments:

Debbie said...

How fun is that? You guys did a great job decorating... I love love the lights! How fun for your girls! We all need a makeover every once in awhile!

Kasey said...

Looks great!! Super cute.

Robyn said...

It looks awesome! A perfect room for an almost teen.

Jess said...

You are so amazing with this discount decorating! Amazing!

Jennie and Adam said...

I am so excited for you on your $15bedding find--Larisa's room looks so bright. Great job!

val m said...

Mom, I can not tell you how thankful i am that you spent all that time in my room when you could have been doing other things. I love how bright and cheery it is. It is the best room in the WORLD!!! Thank you for all the time and energy you have spent. It has giving me the most perfect room ever!!!!!

Love You Tonz,
Larisa Hope

David said...

Love the room. You are an inspiring deal finder!

AKA Rosa said...

So So Cute!!!! Now enjoy that she will want even more to keep it clean for a little while!!! It looks much bigger too!!!

Sonja said...

I love the new room! What a bargain.

Katie staten said...

The room looks great! What a lucky girl you are Larisa. And I noticed how the new room matches this tiny spot on the carpet. :)