Monday, August 31, 2009

Mackinac Island

We met up Friday night with our friends the Rowleys and planned out our day on Mackinac and then went swimming. The Rowley recently moved into our ward. When we met we were sure that we already knew each other and after about a minute we realized that Chris and Mike were in graduate school together at BYU. They are a wonderful family and we are so excited that they moved here. I think Anna (the mom) might be even as crazy as I am. Their 2 oldest are about the same age of our girls and they get along wonderfully. We had a great time together.

When we woke up Saturday morning it was cold and rainy, but we came here to have fun and we were determined to do so! Here are some pictures of the island. I felt like we took a little trip back in time. There are no motorized vehicles and the buildings are magnificent!


This is a picture of the Grand Hotel. This is where "Somewhere in Time" was filmed!

The carriage rides looked very inviting on this rainy day, but not in our price range!
This is Fort Mackinac
I felt like I was in Anne of Green Gables or something like that.
I loved main street. Of course, we had to have some fudge!
Such a beautiful place!

1 comment:

AKA Rosa said...

I think that it is so much fun that this family has come to see you and to live by you. See... prayers are answered!