Friday, December 26, 2008

Rainbows and Casseroles!!

For breakfast every Christmas we have this casserole and we really like it! Larisa said it was the very best ever this time! (She says that every time!) I thought I would share it with you:
Line pan with 8 partially thawed hash brown patties
Sprinkle with ham or bacon
Sprinkle 1 c cheddar cheese
In a bowl mix
7 eggs
1 cup milk
season with ground pepper
Garlic or whatever seasoning you like!
Pour into pan
Cover with foil
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes
Uncover and cook for 15 additional minutes
Enjoy!!
My sister calls this "Party in your Mouth Jello" and I thought I would give it a try! I would make it again, but it takes a long time, and I would make it the day before I need it. The kids really thought it was fun!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yummy looking casserole.

Is that the jello you mix with sour cream?

Melanie, Shayne, Riley, Bently and Jaylen said...

Isn't that jello yummy?! We call it "party in your mouth jello" because one time when uncle Chris was eating it, he said that it tasted like there was a party in his mouth!! Thanks to him... the name stuck! LOL!

AKA Rosa said...

That's right.....it's Uncle Chris that found it to be a party in your mouth!! Did he love it?? Looks like you had a fun time on Christmas. I need to make that casserole again now that Jonathan is gone. Dawnielle LOVES them but Jonathan calls casseroles MORMON FOOD!!

Jodi Gallagher said...

Yummy! Thanks for the recipe! I use to make 12 layer Jello all the time, but I've been a slacker lately! I'll have to make it again!