Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Missionary Luncheon

Our Ward was asked to provide lunch for the missionary zone conference. We had great support from ward members and the presidency! It all worked out wonderfully and the missionaries seemed to enjoy their meal.


This was my favorite part - I wish you all could have been there! (My camera battery died after I took this picture) After they were done eating they called us into the gym and had us stand in the middle - with the missionaries standing like this all around us. They had our ward missionaries(sisters) introduce us all. It was fun because we had a lot of youth there to help serve. Then they all sang "Called to Serve" to us! It was beautiful and fun to see all of these valiant missionaries sing with all of their hearts - it made me cry! I felt very blessed to be there and honored to be able to be a part of the day!

3 comments:

AKA Rosa said...

OH . . . I love that Called to Serve!! Did you think of Jonathan? I think that would be very fun to do.

Katie staten said...

I'm looking forward to my turn next. What did you end up fixing?

val m said...

KT - We served ham, funeral potatoes, beans, salad rolls and pumpkin pie!