Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Just Thinking

I wanted to share a positive note with you. I was early to pick up my daughter from a school activity and I decided to look around the school. I noticed a get to know the teacher page by each of the doors. They were interesting and I read about a dozen of them. I was really impressed! They asked for their favorite quote and their favorite book. The most common favorite book was, The Bible. Almost half of the quotes were either a scripture or had some refrence about God -Amazing. I have noticed that in every school choir performance there is a song with mention of God in it. We were singing a Christmas song at home and my daughter said that they sang it in music class - all about the birth of the Savior! I see churches everywhere busy with Christmas programs, choirs, Nativites and countless acts of service. I see children in my daughters school class doing a sub for Santa. I see children asking for less and being more excited about what they are giving. I see moms doing their best to teach the true spirit of Christmas. I see Linus (Charlie Brown), on TV, once again telling us what Christmas is all about. I see people smile, even in a recession, doing their best to put their faith in God. When I turn on the news or read some of the emails I get, you would think that the majority of people want to take God out of the schools and country, but my observasion is the opposite. I love to watch people all around me try to serve the Lord in their various churches. I think I've just decided to turn off the news and watch people. Watching the news can worry me - watching people uplifts me! I am so thankful for the goodness around me!

2 comments:

Jodi Gallagher said...

Valerie! Thank you for the Christmas card. Kailee was just saying how much she misses Larisa and if you guys were still here they'd be going to the same school! Your Blog is beautiful! I miss you and am so glad to have found you :) Love Jodi

Kasey said...

What a nice thought. Amen.