Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rosemary Focaccia Bread & Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo

Larisa asked me what we were having for dinner. I told her Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo and Rosemary Focaccia Bread. She hugged me and them jumped up and down!! I think she likes it!
This bread Recipe is when I became truly in love with Our Best Bites blog! I think it is one of my favorite post!! We love the bread and it is simple to make!

Rosemary Focaccia Bread
from our Best Bites

1 c. warm (105-115 degrees Fahrenheit) water
1 Tbsp. yeast
1 Tbsp. white sugar
1 tsp. Kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling
2 Tbsp. butter, divided
2 Tbsp. crushed dry rosemary
2 1/4-2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour


In a large mixing bowl, combine warm water, yeast, and sugar. Allow to stand for 10 minutes or until bubbly. While the yeast is getting bubbly, combine 2 C of the flour, salt, 1 Tbsp. rosemary.

Add flour mixture to yeast mixture along with 1 Tbsp. melted butter. Mix well. (I put it in my stand mixer with the dough hook on). Slowly add remaining flour to make a very soft dough--try and resist the urge to add too much flour. You probably won't use the entire extra 1/2 c. of flour. I usually only use about 1/4 cup. You want a soft, wet dough.

Cover and allow to rise 1 hour.

Lightly flour work surface and transfer dough onto this surface. Divide in half. Shape each half into a round loaf and place on a greased cookie sheet or pizza stone. Cover and allow to rise another 45 minutes.

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Melt remaining tablespoon of butter and mix with remaining tablespoon of rosemary. Brush on loaves and sprinkle lightly with Kosher salt.

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until very lightly golden-brown. Serve immediately (if you can) with olive oil and balsamic vinegar (if you want) and feel your butt get bigger (you will. It just happens. And it's worth it.)
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo

8 ox Cream Cheese (cut in bits)
3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 cup milk
(I triple the milk to 1 1/2 cup, it's too thick for me otherwise)
8 ounces Fettuccine: cook and drain
2 chicken breast grilled and sliced

In large sauce pan combine cream cheese, Parmesan, butter and milk, stirring constantly until smooth. Toss pasta lightly with sauce, coating well. Top with sliced grilled chicken!

*Warning - this is NOT fat Free!!!
** If you live by me I buy my chicken breast grilled, cut up and frozen at E & S. It is inexpensive and really yummy!

3 comments:

Katie staten said...

hahahahahahahahahahaha- cough, cough cough, hahahahaha. I can't laugh without coughing right now. I'm preparing now for the big butt. I better not make it until I can run on the treadmill again.

AKA Rosa said...

I think that I just might have to make that bread. I LOVE BREAD. I hear it is not good for us. I must say I disagree. I find it very good for me!

Jess said...

I think that looks amazing! I just might have to try that bread recipe!