Monday, December 14, 2009

Work, Sing and Cheer!!

Chris has to work 2 Saturdays a year and or course it fell on the Saturday of the first cheer competition and Tiana's Choir performance! Larisa's competition was first! It went long!! She did a great job and her team took first place!! Yeah! The tricky part was I was driving the carpool and Tiana needed to be to the school for her concert!

Tiana got a ride over to the school with her friend Andrew, and his mom and I stayed at the competition! Our plan was to leave quickly and be there in time for the performance! Well, we left the older girls and found rides for them and ran to the concert!! We made it to the concert just in time for - - the band to play and missed her singing! I felt awful and wanted to bawl. I was hoping that maybe she didn't notice,-- but she did!!! She walked up and said, "You didn't make it - no one came to hear me!" Can you say GUILT TRIP!!! I assured her that I did everything I could and that I was so sad! She had her friend Andrew over to play, and I was hoping that it would be enough to make up! Tiana had fun playing in the snow while we were waiting for Larisa to come to the school from the competition!



Tiana had a great time playing and I thought all was well! Well, when Andrew left, the tears came on and we had a little chat about ALL of times I have made it to her games and performances and basically said I love you, but buck up!!! She brought home a note saying that they were having a choir party and showing a video of the performance. I snuck in to watch it with her and she said that made up for it and all is well now!!! Her songs were beautiful! There was a song in Hebrew that was just gorgeous!!

2 comments:

AKA Rosa said...

oh... that choir director came through for you!!! I hate it when stuff like that happens. We do our best and that is all we can do. I am sure you wanted to be there just as she wanted you there.

Jodi Gallagher said...

Oh darn. Why can't mommys be in two spots at once? Great Job Larisa on the cheer competition. I bet Tiana sounded beautiful!