Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Eve!

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve this year. The missionaries and Seth and Julianne Green came to spend the evening with us. We had a yummy Ham dinner with twice baked potatoes, salad, party in your mouth jellos and of course rolls! We then had a really nice time going over the Christmas story found in the scriptures. After that we each shared our testimonies of the Savior. We started out reading the testimonies of the missionarie's parents. I had called them and they emailed me their testimonies to share. It was a beautiful night and I loved hearing each of the testimonies.

Then it was time to open up on gift! Elder Johanson's grandma sent each of the elders new pajamas!
Elder Hinkle

Our family also each opened up new pajamas!
The Greens opened up a new blanket!
We bought the Missionaries Nerf guns! They had fun playing with them! It made me laugh!
Of course, Chris decided that we needed to join in, so out came the marshmallow guns!! It was a blast!! I was making Hot Chocolate and all I could see was a blanket of marshmallows on my kitchen floor. I loved hearing a puff air and then her an "ouch" and a "yes!"
Then we had all sorts of yummy treats! We made the Elders favorite family tradition treats. They were hocus pocus roll and butterscotch haystack candies. The greens brought a yummy chocolate and lemon pie. We also had Hot Chocolate and Cinnamon rolls!! Are you sick yet?? Tiana learned that Hot Chocolate followed by apple cider will give you a bad stomach ache!!! Then it was time to go to sleep!! The girls always have to sleep in the same room on the floor!! I love that they were so excited for Christmas!! I was annoyed that I had to tell them to go to sleep so many times, but at the same time so happy that they were excited about Christmas morning!!! It was a wonderful Evening!!

4 comments:

Jodi Gallagher said...

How fun to have the missionaries over. The gun fight looks like a blast. You guys are an awesome family!

Katie staten said...

That was so nice of you to include the missionaries traditions into your night with them. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall to watch the marshmallow fight...or maybe not, because I probably would have been a squished fly with marshmallow tidbits stuck to my body. hahahaha

The Nielsens said...

lots of fun!

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

I am grateful to families like you who welcome the missionaries into their home on special holidays! My son will be one of those missionaries in a YEAR!!!!!!