Monday, December 14, 2009

Gingerbread Houses!!

My girls love to make Gingerbread houses! This year I decided I would try making them from scratch instead of buying the kit. I learned a lot and will probably do it again next year! The girls have so much being creative and decorating!!This is a picture of Tiana's house. She knew exactly what she wanted to do! Her biggest request was to put on a pond - made of sucker syrup!This is Larisa's house! I love that she put bears doing cheer stunts on her pond!
It's hard to see the windows, but the are also made from sucker candy, we put a little light in the house, and it looks cool when you can see the light through the windows!
It was a fun project!!

10 comments:

Jennie and Adam said...

I love how these turned out. I think every ginger bread house needs a pond!

Kasey said...

They turned out great!!

AKA Rosa said...

They look so good..... I can almost smell the gingerbread. The ones in the kits don't have that beautiful colors yours does..... you are such a RS president!!!

Jodi Gallagher said...

Way cute! You guys did such a good job.

Robyn said...

I think we're going to try these tonight--we'll see how it goes!
I love all your Christmas pictures and projects!

Sonja said...

Those are beautiful!

Katie staten said...

They look great! Way to go Larisa and Tiana. I thought about trying to make them. Hmmm, I may stick with a Gingerbread Family next year.

Jess said...

These look so fun, we sadly never got to this activity this year.

AnnaBanana said...

so very, very cute!!!

Debbie said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Way nicer than our "costco" one!