Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wassailing

We had a great time Wassailing in our home town! We have been waiting for snow and it arrived just in time to go and be outdoors! It was beautiful! I love the town square and I love this old church! We had a lot of fun spending time together as a family!


They always have live reindeer to feed and come see!

Tiana's school choir were the performers for the evening! She joined in for a few songs! Can I tell you how impressed I am with this choir!! They meet once a week and they sound wonderful!! I love the director! She always chooses amazing songs! They sing a variety of music, but there are always a couple of songs that seem to speak to me!! I think my jaw literally fell to the ground when I opened her choir folder and found the song, "This is the Christ" by James E Faust! It made me cry and I read the words to my girls! Unfortunately, they ran out of time and I don't think they are going to learn it! It is a beautiful song and I was so excited to see it in the folder!! She sang a beautiful song in Hebrew about peace and is also going to be learning a Native American piece!
It was a fun filled night and I love this tradition every year at Christmas!

4 comments:

Kasey said...

That is so cool!!

Jodi Gallagher said...

That looks like lots of fun! That old church is darling! Way to go Tiana!

AKA Rosa said...

Love and Joy Come to You ..... and supthin supthin about a Wassail too!!

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

A REAL reindeer! How cool is that! Looks like a ton of fun!