Thursday, December 31, 2009

Tale of 3 Trees

So this year I heard a few comments about having too many trees or looks from people like they didn't get it!! Well, I thought I would explain it and let you know why and how I feel about each tree.

This is the tree in our living room. I bought it on clearance for I think$7, if I remember correctly. It is a little pathetic, but it works when it is decorated and with the added garland. This tree is all to do with the true meaning of Christmas! The ornaments are all nativity or about Christ. I also have my nativity collection in here. I love sitting in here and feeling the true spirit of Christmas. I sit in here a lot during the season and just reflect on the great gift of the Savior.

I shared this last year, but these are the balls on my tree, all with the different names of the Savior.

This tree is in the Family Room downstairs. We bought this the first year we were married. We had bought a real tree, but it was the cheapest one we could find and I had to make very light ornaments to put on the tree or else the tree would fall over! Chris surprised me and came home one night with this tree. This was the 22 year we have used this tree and I can't imagine ever getting rid of it! It is tired and worn, but I love it!! This is the tree that has all of the ornaments that we've collected through the years. The girls love to hear the different stories about the ornaments and to put there special ornaments on. So many happy memories are stored on this tree!
This is the tree in my Sun room. I Love this tree!! It is all nature ornaments and with all of the windows in the room it look like we brought some of the outside - inside. It helps me enjoy winter and I love it! We bought this tree when we moved here and because it is on a wood floor we started a new tradition of putting the Lego train underneath it! Then we build a Lego village to put underneath it! Since we stayed home this Thanksgiving it was a fun thing for everyone to work on while dinner was cooking.

This is the Christmas house Tiana started and then we worked on together.
Tiana really enjoyed it this year and made several things. Her favorite is this ice skating rink she made!
Larisa made a Christmas Pyramid!
Chris made Scrooge's House. You have to notice the 3 ghost on the upper level - pretty creative!
The girls do have small trees in their rooms. They love putting them up and they get to put up an ornament every time they do an act of service. It is a lot of work and some might think it is crazy, but I love it!! It brings me a lot of joy and I really enjoy the seaon sooooo much!

3 comments:

Jodi Gallagher said...

I love all of your trees. We have 2 one for traditional and one for snowmen. I think I need to copy you and do a tre all centered on Christ. That would go great with all my nativities!

Katie staten said...

I'm sure it is a lot of work, but it is so beautiful, and it's so fun to have so much Christmas Spirit in your home, everyuwhere you go.

Robyn said...

I love this idea!
When Christian and I were married, his mother decorated a tree with small frames and pictures of us as we we kids and babies and teens...it was really special, and I've wanted to do something like that again.