Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Friend Family Night

When we first moved to Michigan, we didn't have much time to feel too homesick because of these sweet families who welcomed us and made us feel right at home! They are amazing families and they made the transition so much easier for us! We were all in the same ward for about 6 weeks and then I was put into another ward! I have really felt that I needed to move here when I did so I could meet these awesome families! This is the 3rd year that we have had a Christmas family evening at our house. We share traditions or Christmas stories, have hot chocolate and cinnamon rolls and enjoy visiting!

This is the Cook family. They welcomed us by inviting us over for dinner the first Sunday we were at church - they are awesome!!
The Staples family - The are such a kind and thoughtful family!

Lisa always sat by me in Relief Society! She would always look for me and I felt like I had a dear friend right away! She is such a sweetheart! Her family is singing a fun arrangement of a Star Wars song - it was so cute!!
The Statens invited over the 2nd week we were here!! Katie and I hit it off right away! She laughed at everything I said - if you know me , you know that's all that I need to go into performance mode! I thought she thought I was so funny and I was so proud of myself, then I learned that it's just Katie, she smiles and laughs all the time!!! They are an awesome family!!

The Thompson are such a sweet family she is such a huge help to me in my calling and they came for the first time this year!

You probably know these 2 cuties!! It is fun to see my girls go straight for the babies!!
This year after everyone shared their story or tradition the kids decided to do an encore!! It was a lot of fun watching them have fun performing!
Luke even did some break dancing for us!!
This is one the highlights of the holiday for us and I am so grateful for the blessing of good friends!

4 comments:

AKA Rosa said...

I can't believe that is has been 3 years...YIKES!! Oh and Valerie... you are hilarious!!

Debbie said...

I LOVE it! That is the best!!

Kasey said...

Looks like fun times!!

Katie staten said...

Awwww, you're such a great friend. I am so glad you moved here when you did so I could get to know you. You are hilarious and I'm glad you do make me laugh. Thanks for being so awesome. We have been too busy lately and we need to get together more often than we have.
Thanks for hosting such a fun Christmas FHE. Even though we're boring and don't have any fun traditions to share, we sure love being a part of all the talent.