Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Petoskey

After our beautiful sunrise and breakfast we went to attend church in a small branch in Petoskey. It was an amazing Sacrament Meeting and I enjoyed it very much! I love Petoskey - it is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! There are beautiful green rolling hills covered with trees and beautiful beaches on Lake Michigan! I want to go back for the changing of the leaves!!!!


The Rowley Family
We had planned in going to Sleeping Bear Dunes, but we ended up not having enough time! We will have to make another trip - hopefully soon!!! While we went to find out the best thing to do in Petoskey the girls had a blast in this gazebo! When I came back Anna was leading them all in "Sound of Music" dancing and they were having a great time! They were also putting on plays.
We changed and went to the beach to look for Petoskey stones. They were hard to find being the end of tourist season. Kenzie was the only one who found one. This is East Park!
I love how clear the water is!
I thought the only way to find the stones is to go out into the water - it was cold!!! I thought I was being brave, not stupid and went out into the water! The rocks were VERY slippery, and down I went!! I was in my clothes and hit my knee on a rock! Can you say Big Klutz!!!!
Larisa and Kenzie
Tiana and Paige
Tailee
Quincy
Kenzie
Anna
On the way home the girls had fun changing cars! Larisa and Mckenzie had fun putting these pillows on their heads and being "Mushroom Heads"!! It was such a fun trip!

4 comments:

AKA Rosa said...

I don't know what a Petoskey rock is????????????

val m said...

You'll have to look at it on line. They are pretty!

Kasey said...

Great pics of your trip. looks like you had a blast. I love Petoskey. It's so pretty up there.

AnnaBanana said...

Val! You are an awesome blogger! I need to learn a thing or three from you.

BTW, whoever took your family picture is awesome! Hee Hee!

I think it turned out pretty good!