Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Tia's Special Day

You might remember that in an earlier post I mentioned about how kind Ms. Gilmore is to Tiana! She was a helper in Tiana's classroom last year and she really made Tia feel comfortable, special and loved. Tia makes her smile and laugh and I think they enjoyed each others company at school. Well, On Monday Ms Gillmore called and asked if she could take Tiana and her friend Regan out to lunch! What could be better to a 9 year old??? To top it off they were even going to Chuck E Cheese!!!! They had a great time! They went to Chuck E Cheese first and played and then she treated them to lunch at The Noodle Company. Then she took them to Old Navy and bought them matching shirts and calculators. Can you believe how generous she is? It is an amazing testimony to me of how one person can make a big difference in a childs life! When I thanked her, she thanked me for sharing Tiana - she is such a sweetheart!! I am so thank for Ms Gillmore and the wonderful friend she is to Tiana and I!

I didn't take a picture of them before they left! These are the pictures that were taken in the little car at Chuck E Cheese! Ms Gillmore and Tiana!

Regan and Tiana

What a wonderful Day!

2 comments:

AKA Rosa said...

I think that is amazing that she did that for the girls. However, if Tia wasn't so amazing she wouldn't have wanted to take her. Humm amazingness all over the place!!

Katie staten said...

What a great thing. I'm so glad she had/has the opportunity to have such a wonderful person in her 3rd grade life and that it continues on. Lucky girl.