Thursday, September 10, 2009

After School Snack


I love to have the girls come home to a little snack and the yummy smell!! I made these cookies and I really like them! The recipe is from Betty Crocker!

Molasses Cookies with White Chocolate

3/4cup shortening
1cup packed brown sugar
1/4cup molasses
1teaspoon vanilla
1egg
2 1/4cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
2teaspoons baking soda
1teaspoon ground cinnamon
1teaspoon ground ginger
1/2teaspoon ground cloves
1/4teaspoon salt
1/2cup white baking chips
1
teaspoon shortening


Heat oven to 375°F. Mix 3/4 cup shortening, the brown sugar, molasses, vanilla and egg in large bowl with spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients except white baking chips and 1 teaspoon shortening. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.


Bake 10 to 12 minutes or just until set. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.


Heat white baking chips and 1 teaspoon shortening in small microwavable bowl uncovered for 30 seconds; stir. Microwave 15 seconds at a time until mixture can be stirred smooth. Drizzle over cookies.
Yummy!!

7 comments:

AKA Rosa said...

Oh.... that is not good for me to look at when i am hungry. I have a super yummy molassas cookie recipe but it gives me a tummy ache. Oh.... do you realize that it is almost pumpkin chocolate chip cookie time?

Jodi Gallagher said...

Wow Val they look so yummy! My tummy is growling now! I guess I need to make a yummy treat for my kids to come home to. Wish I had more energy at this point in my pregnancy :( Looks like I'll be heading to the grocery store now! Thanks for the recipe!

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

I love any cookie with GINGER! You are such a good mom

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

Just spent some time catching up! What a great vacation you had in late August. What a peaceful and beautiful island to renew your spirits and catch some family and friend time. So many natural wonders to explore and enjoy. Don't you love reconnecting to old friends. What a treat to have a new family move into your ward that you knew before!

You family pic by the lake could be seen in a magazine it is so gorgeous!

Now back to school right!!

David said...

Can I come get an after school snack too! Sounds delish!

Sonja said...

Yummy, I'm going to have to try that snack.

Jess said...

I think those look so very yummy, I think we might have to try this one out!