Monday, September 21, 2009

Decorating for Fall

Okay, so I know it might be a little early to get the fall out, but I can smell it in the air!!! I love fall and go a little bit crazy with it!! Last year I made this centerpiece for my table.
I have had this mirror for several years and it was gold. I liked it when we bought it and it served me well. I have not liked its gold color for awhile. It didn't match anything in my house. Chris wanted me to keep it gold, but then I remembered it was a gift and I could paint it if I really wanted to - so I did!! I like it a lot better brown! It feels a lot warmer and blends in better.
I bought this black metal thing at a yard sale for $2!! I didn't quite know what to do with it, but decided it would be perfect for fall!! I love it with the fall colors in it. I bought the candlesticks at the dollar store and the pumpkins at 90% off at Hobby Lobby!!
The bad part is whenever I am in my kitchen now - it makes me want to bake!!

5 comments:

AKA Rosa said...

yes..... I understand the bake thing. I am off sugar for the rest of the week...UGH! It's funny because it is 95 here today and I was out in the pool talking to Mel and Shayne and we can still feel fall in the air even with the heat! I have been making fall decorations so I am excited as well to decorate. Also, I hit that HL 90% sale and I don't remember what I bought. It will be like Christmas opening up my Haloween boxes!

Kasey said...

the mirror turned out great. everything looks nice.

Jess said...

I love the mirror, and I love the fall decorations. You may even be inspiring me to get mine out... I will be happy when it really feels like fall out, it does not feel like fall today though... 80+ deg. blah.

Melanie, Shayne, Riley, Bently and Jaylen said...

It is the first day of fall today! (isn't it?...I think so) I LOVE fall! It is my VERY FAVORITE! I love the decorations and I love the weather, and the leaves and of course all of the holidays!!

Great idea with the Kelly Clarkson concert! It looks like lots of fun! I remember when I was in Hawaii, I got a Michael Buble concert dvd... popped it in while I was at home by myself and pretended to be at the concert! It was lots of fun!! Good times... with my self :) Larissa is growing up... AAAH! She looks so much older!

Sonja said...

I love all of your fall decorations. It's a fun time of year. It's a little crispy now!