Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Day of School!!!

It is always a very sad day for me when the girls go back to school!! I miss my buddies so much!! I wish they would stay home with me, but I know that they need to be at school. They were looking forward to going back for a lot of reasons, but they were also sad to go back!! I got up early and made them a breakfast casserole and off they went!! Larisa leaves really early and she is always so good about getting herself up and being on time! Doesn't she look darling!!!

I had to get a picture of the shoes and back pack. We bought a lot of new things, but her jeans and back pack were each $1 at a yard sale and her shirt a gift from Grandma Michalek! The shoes on clearance for $7.50!! She looks stylin!! Larisa is in 8th grade this year! She seems to like school and loves being with all of her friends again!

Tiana started 4th grade this year. She is in a new school that holds just 4th and 5th grade! She was a little nervous about it all! She came home grinning and loved her first day! She said her teacher is really nice and gets excited about teaching, but is very serious when it comes to listening. She said it is what she needs and is excited about her class. She loves the new principal! She was so excited to wear her new clothes and flowers in her hair! She looked so darling, but a little too grown up for me! Remember, she is only 9!!!



This is how Tiana and I say bye in the morning! She goes out the back door and walks around the sunroom. She stop on the first side of the gate and pouts and waves good bye and I do the same. (Sometimes I let out a big cry that she can hear!)

Then she goes through the gate and smiles big!! We then both do this!
"I"

"Love"

"You!"

I love being a mom and I am always so happy when they come and tell me about their day! I hope the whole year is this good for them!

4 comments:

Jodi Gallagher said...

Both girls look beautiful as always! It always makes me sad when they start school. It seems like I don't see them enough. Your such a good mommy!

AKA Rosa said...

Oh.... I love this post. I love Larisa's shirt. I have wanted one of that kind from RUE but I am waiting for it to go on sale. Love Tia's jacket and I love love love your good=bye ritual. so cute!

Katie staten said...

The first day of school is so hard. But it's great you make is so much fun for them. They are beautiful. Good thing you're on higher ground, because the water works will start when Livvy starts school next week.

Jess said...

I love your girls! They are so sweet and cute! I know the first day of school is filled with mixed emotions, but I am glad it is here!