Monday, January 26, 2009

Bedroom Craft

Since the move I have been looking for just the right thing to go over our bed! I wanted to put up some vinyl lettering, but I never came up with the right quote. So here is my boring wall. I know, I need to get rid of the wallpaper, but I don't know what I want to do their either. It isn't a huge room. I love the room for 3 seasons because I can open up the sliding door and it looks out on my flower garden, so I want it to have a very peaceful feel! Anyhoo, I decided that I needed to stop looking for the perfect thing (it's been 18 months) and at least put up something to make it feel like home!
So I found this lovely canvas wall hanging at Hobby Lobby! For some reason it was 66% off! I thought that I would take it home and paint it and try to come up with something cute.
So, I painted it brown, added some ribbon and did a little stenciling on it! I thought it turned out pretty cute and so I decided to go ahead and make 2 more!
I decided that the real message I wanted out of the vinyl was just - I love you - so I stenciled on "love you"!
It actually looks better then it does in the picture. I like it, and at least there is something on the wall! It might not stay there forever, but for under $10 it can stay up on the wall and give me a sense of accomplishment.

10 comments:

Jess said...

I LOVE IT! I think you are amazing and so creative. Brilliant! They look fantastic.

AKA Rosa said...

That is so cute Valerie!! I love it!!!

Jennie and Adam said...

That looks great! Congrats on just doing it--isn't that a great feeling?

Doreen said...

You are sick--a made bed! What kind of woman are you! Did you not get the memo they passed around at the homemakers-R-us meeting last month? Guess you flunk the test for this month! I bet your bathroom mirror is polished too!
Seriously--BEAUTIFUL! I wish I was that talented! Someday the talent gene will show up in my DNA but for right now it is dormant!

Kasey said...

Watch out Martha!! Love it. It looks great.

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

The colors are very peaceful and serene! What a great bargain.

Christian said...

Wow, I really love it! I can't believe how simple it was. Makes me want to tackle some of my bare walls...

Jodi Gallagher said...

Love it Love it Love it! You are so stinkin talented! Great Job!

Melanie, Shayne, Riley, Bently and Jaylen said...

You are so craft and creative! I love love love this! You should definately keep it up forever! You inspire me :) How are you doing? We would love to visit! Shayne's favorite college team is Michigan, so he would love to go up there sometime! We just moved into a 2500 square foot home! It is so nice.... coming from an 800 square foot apartment!

Marissa said...

Good job! You are so creative and motivated. I love reading your blog. You write so much (and that's a good thing) that it took me forever to read them all! Your girls are so cute. Miss you!