Friday, May 22, 2009

Yard Fun!!

This year we are trying to get the yard in shape a little earlier so we don't have the massive weeding jobs in the heat of summer. We had an enrichment activity on Square Foot gardening. (Thanks Jenny!) So we decided to give it a try! We had this garden spot in the corner of the yard and grew lots of weeds last year! If you ever want to learn how to grow weeds, I can teach a class on it! Chris built some boxes to separate out the larger garden spot and I think it should work out well! We didn't follow everything exactly, but we tried to make it work with what we had! I hope that I can blog about gardening success at the end of summer instead of gardening woes!!!!!

I LOVE watching the variety of flowers come into bloom!! You should come and take a look for yourself! I thought that I would show you a few of my favorites! This is a white clematis! I've seen a lot of purple, but I think the white is quite striking!

I can't remember what these are called, but I think they are a lot of fun! Don't they look like they belong in a Dr. Suess book?


I love bleeding hearts and I think these white flowers are beautiful!

I love the color of these Columbines!

The front path is weeded and mulch is down - were ready for you to come and visit. I might not let you inside though - it's been neglected!! The next project is to weed and mulch a large area at the side of the yard! It's a big job!!
Such a welcome return to have leaves and green return to my street! Happiness!!!

5 comments:

Kasey said...

I think the purple flowers are called pom poms.

Rebecca said...

beautiful!

Katie staten said...

It's looking like spring at your house. My poor flowers are struggling on their own. Look at all your motivation!

Jodi Gallagher said...

You have such a beautiful yard! I am way jealous! i drove by your old house yesterday and can't believe how big your trees have gotten!

AKA Rosa said...

I have never seen that first little garden spot. So cute. I love your flowers. It's just too hot here for much :(