Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mother's Day!!

I am sorry that I left the blogging world for a couple of weeks. I would like to say that I have some wonderful story to tell, but I have just been busy. I had a wonderful Mother's Day this year! I remember so many sad and lonely Mother's Day and I am grateful that this was a happy year! I have to give a lot of credit to my dear husband for that! Chris has always been great to me on Mother's Day! While we were struggling to get our children here, he would take me up to Park City for the weekend! He knew that watching the primary sing,"Mother I love you" would not be a good thing for me! This Mother's Day I woke up to a nice breakfast! Before we left for church he had me open the gift he gave me. I couldn't find the earrings for the picture, but it matches the set! The set is prettier than the picture is showing and I love it! The section of the bracelet that is flipped says, "when you wear this, remember me!" Chris bought it on his trip to Texas and it made me happy to know that he thought of me!We went to church and after Sacrament Meeting we had a our Visiting Teaching workshop and a nice yummy treat table! I was worried that this would stress me out, but everyone did their part and I really enjoyed it! The men even gave us a nice centerpiece for our table - about 14 lbs of Hershey Kisses!(Don't worry, we didn't eat them all!) I came home and took a nap while the family made me dinner!! It was a yummy dinner and I didn't have to do a single dish! Larisa even made me brownies for dessert! Larisa gave me the movie Pollyanna. This is one of my all time favorite movies! Growing up my mom used to call me her little Pollyanna, an I loved it! I am afraid that my age has tested my Pollyanna attitude and I feel a little bit more like Mrs. Snow ( A grouchy older woman in the movie)! Hopefully the movie will help me remember to play the "glad game" more!! I heard Tiana playing it the other day - it made me smile!
Tiana gave me a book of poems that she wrote for me! They are so sweet! Her favorite poem goes like this:
"Mother, Mother can't live with any other
Hugs and Kisses
Happy smiles and
Hearts filled with joy!"
I love the poem too! I am so grateful for the privilege of being a mother and to have such a sweet wonderful family!


I can't let Mother's Day go by without expressing gratitude for my wonderful Mother! My mom is such an amazing person and I still hope that I will grow up to be like her! She is so sweet, thoughtful and spiritual! I've always felt her love! She always put her family first! She loves the Lord and you can feel her great spiritual strength! She always has a kind word, poem or song to share! I remember several times coming home late and finding her waiting up for me reading the scriptures, the spirit was so strong! I love my mom so much and know that having her for a mother is one of my greatest blessings!! I love you Mom!!
(My mom and her granddaughter Anna on our trip to Nauvoo!)

2 comments:

Katie staten said...

I'm "glad" you had a happy mother's day. You deserve it. You are a great mom. Isn't that right Larisa and Tiana?
What a great family and husband and mom you have.

Jodi Gallagher said...

What a great mothers day! I still think its funny that we both love polyanna! I might just watch it tonight! Your such a good mama and i'm sure your still sweet as polyanna! Can't wait to see you in June!