Friday, May 22, 2009

My dear friend Robin!!!

I kept hearing noise on the front porch and I couldn't find out where it was coming from. When I would open the front door a bird would fly away and kind of hit against the house. I started to worry that birds were getting in between the roofing and gutter and making a mess! Then one day I looked at the wreath that was hanging next to the door and this is what I found! My cute friend Robin had made a nest right there for me to see!! If I open the door "softly", she will just stay on her nest!

One day I put my shoes on while sitting on the front step - Boy! was she mad at me! You can't see it in the picture, but she is yelling at me! If you startle her, she squawks, and sounds like a mother screaming to protect her babies! She is getting more and more accepting of us and I hope that she will let us look at those babies when they come!!
Nature can be so much fun!

2 comments:

Kasey said...

We have one too!! Right above our light outside our french doors. I've noticed that Robin's are in pairs. And they take turns sitting on the nest. At least mine do. One isn't afraid of us at all, the other one will leave the nest every time the door is opened. It's so fun to watch them though.

AKA Rosa said...

Aint that TWEET?
I have a hawk out front that dive bombs us when we are out there. They are big! Must like our yard cuz it had a nest there last year too