Thursday, May 21, 2009

A couple of finds!

I have already had a lot of fun this year at yard sales! I love that I can just look on Craig's list now and see all of the yard sales in my area! I found this cute little table at a yard sale for $2 and I thought it would match my sun room! Then I went to another yard sale and found this basket with all of the nature balls for $5 and I offered $4! I thought it was a nice find for a total of $6! It looks really nice between my couch and chair!
At a church sale I found 2 of these candle sticks! They were each $1! I actually liked them the way that they were, but they didn't look right anywhere I put them, so I painted them black!I bought a couple of plain candles 1/2 off and then wrapped them in scrapbook paper and added some cording! I felt like it was still missing something and I started searching around the house! I found these little metal frames that I bought on clearance and tied them on!

It looks right at home on my fireplace now!


2 comments:

Katie staten said...

You are following the "black" accent trend. It looks good. I don't have the talent to see something and make it look so good. You're amazing.

Jodi Gallagher said...

I have only been garage saling twice this year and am dying to go to more! I have the flu so I didn't go this morning and kept wondering what I missed out on LOL. Wish we could go together and tackle each other over to get some pollys! That was hilarious!