Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mom's Funeral

The viewing and Funeral were beautiful! It was fun to see extended family and friends! There were many precious sweet and wonderful experience in the days before the funeral. When my dad passed away and we were all struggling to get through it, my mom turned to us and said, "Come on, it's going to be alright, we can do this - we can do hard things!" She said it in a cheerful tone and we will always remember it!! Her words came back to us all!! I know that we were each carried this day! I was very sad, but mostly, I just could feel how happy my mom was!! All of the girls sang a song, and we made it through most of it!! Chris gave a beautiful spiritual thought/talk! I love him! I read a poem that My mom wrote for her mother and then added about the gift of faith that my mother gave me. My sisters Lori and Kathy also shared memories. She had a special friend, a friend of my sister Kathy, who came once a week to visit with my mom for the last years - she also spoke. We were grateful for all those who took the time to attend the funeral.

If you want to see her video tribute from the viewing you can see it here!
http://www.funeralrecording.com/index.cfm?pageid=172&lid=2195

This is the table that was set up for the viewing.

Some grandchildren saying good-bye!


I think the expression on my face says it all!

Saying good-bye as a family!

1 comment:

Katie staten said...

Valerie, as I was reading your posts today I was crying my eyes out. I am very weak with words as I have recently learned, but with each of your posts I could feel your heartache, sorrow, joy, and testimony. You are such a wonderful person, and while your mom had big shoes to fill, you are filling them very well. You are so blessed to have such a wonderful mother, and also to have such wonderful daughters to hand down her traits and beauty to. Thanks for being such a wonderful friend. Please know that my heart, thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm so sorry. I love you!