Thursday, February 25, 2010

Snow Day!!

We had a few days of beautiful sunshine and temperatures in the upper 30's - it was wonderful!!! We could actually see the concrete on our driveway!!! I went places with out a coat - I mean upper 30's - Hello Warmth!!!! Well I noticed when I went to bed that we were in a winter storm warning and we woke up to 8" of snow!! It was enough for a snow day!! Larisa was up getting ready when we got the phone call and she went back in to lay down. I let Tiana sleep and her expression was hilarious when she ran into my room panicked that I let her sleep through part of school. Ahhh! My favorite part - was it was a heavy snow so shoveling was really hard! It would have been easier but it had to be thrown over the piles of snow from the last storm!! It took us close to 2 hours to get the job done - my new quest - a great used snow blower for cheap - do you you think I can find it?? Larisa made plans to go over to her friends house after the shoveling was done, but had to cancel and leave the shoveling to lay down! She had pneumonia last week and I guess she wasn't 100% better (Yea! What a great mom! Send your sick child out to work - I stink!) Tiana had her friend Regan come over and I loved it because they played with their dolls all afternoon. They get along amazingly well and they are so creative together! They took me on a tour of the converted living room to doll room!!

This is the bedroom!

The clothing shop!

Pet adoption center!

The Root beer stand
They also had a rock climbing wall, spa and pictures decorating the space! I love that she is 10 and playing with dolls!! I love their creativity!!

2 comments:

AKA Rosa said...

How fun for Tia to have a friend to do such fun things with. She sounds like a good one to have around. Poor Larisa. I am glad she is getting better. Oh...30's ugh!! It was in the 40's here today and I was freezing. I am so over this weather!!!!!

Katie staten said...

Oh man, that is too bad about the pneumonia. I hope Larisa is finally feeling better. It looks like Tiana sure has fun with her friends. She has so much creativity.
And I must second the fact that that snow was heavy, and thick and very tough to shovel.