Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sad News!

We received the very sad news on Sunday that our dear brother-in-law, Chris Buckley, passed away. He found out that he had lung cancer and gave a valiant fight, but sadly he passed on. He was far too young and he will be greatly missed. He leaves behind his beautiful wife, Dianne ( My Chris' sister) and their 2 children and 2 granddaughters.

I remember when I first met Chris Buckley I was so impressed by him and how kind he was. He was always thoughtful and loving. He was a wonderful man! The girls loved him - you can tell in the pictures!! He always took time to play with them and the girls enjoyed every moment. They always have commented on how much they like Uncle Chris. We spent most of our married Thanksgivings at their home and he was always so welcoming and made us feel at home. My girls have missed going there for Thanksgiving and wish that Colorado was a little closer! We will miss you Chris - Til' we meet again! We love you!

4 comments:

Kasey said...

Sorry to hear that! I'm so thankful for the gospel and Heavenly Father's promises.

Robyn said...

I'm so sorry for you!

Melanie, Shayne, Riley, Bently and Jaylen said...

What a blessing that you have good memories of him to reflect on. It is always a sad thing when you don't. Isn't it nice to know that you will MEET AGAIN. Give your girls and Chris a hug from me and tell them I am sorry !

Katie staten said...

I'm sorry. How sad, and to be so far away too. Hooray for the happy memories, and like Kasey said the blessings of the gospel and our Heavenly Father's love and His plan.