Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ryan Readers!

I guess that somewhere in a weak moment I checked a box that said I would HELP with the Ryan Reader program! Noticed I said help, I didn't know that I signed up to be a coach, but agreed to do it anyway! I had the largest group - 9 kids! We have met every week starting in October. The children are given 10 books to read. We discuss the books and we had a lot of fun with it! They planned out shirts that I then made. They made posters, gave book reviews, had snacks and had a lot of fun. On Tuesday they had their first part of the competition . They were asked multiple choice questions against the other teams! I was worried as not every one read every book and I didn't know if I was even doing what I was supposed to be doing! Our team, the peaceful readers are tied for first place - YEA!! They have their last competition on Tuesday - Wish them luck!!

Going around the semi circle - Regan, Maddie, Mackenzie, Olivia, Allie, Adam, Spencer, Tiana and Nyasha
This face is the reason I did it and had fun doing it!!

2 comments:

AKA Rosa said...

What fun memories that you made with Tiana. I remember Nic doing this. They did it during school though. His team came in 2nd place!

Katie staten said...

That is a lot of work, but the smile on that face is priceless. Aren't you so happy she wants you there to share in her experiences? I think it will kill me when they don't want me around.