Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Crazy Ball!

The other day I was at the dollar store and I saw this green ball. I laughed when I saw it because I thought it looked pretty pitiful! So, why would I keep thinking about it! I kept thinking that I should have bought it and that it would look cute on my shelf with a little love! So, I went back and purchased 5 of them, plus a few other odds and ends. It sat for days and I realized that St. Patricks day was going to come soon and I better hurry and get it made!
I made 2 of these topiaries and then just added some ribbon on to the remaining balls!

I put them up on my shelf and I really didn't like it - it felt so out of balance. So I tried again and I like it a lot better!
The sign has our last name on it, but I blurred that for safety reasons. A talented lady in my old ward made it for me after I lost a bid at the scout auction. I never framed it and thought it would go pretty on the shelf. So I took my sign that said "love" that I made last month and turned it around. I put ribbon on the outside of the wood and paper behind the stitchery. I really liked the way it turned out. The things we do to fight the winter blues!!

4 comments:

AKA Rosa said...

Toooooo cute. See you get lots and lots of things done!! I am very impressed GOOD JOB!

Kasey said...

Awesome!!! Looks great Martha!

Jodi Gallagher said...

Another cute craft Val! You are so creative.

The Nielsens said...

they are very cute. u r the best mom ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



luv - Larisa