Monday, February 9, 2009

Recipe Book

I have always wanted to put together a book of my favorite recipes for my girls. The task seemed huge and overwhelming to me, so it's on my list of good intentions! Well yesterday the thought came to me, "Why not blog a recipe a week or more, then send all of the recipes over to be printed into a book!!" Ah, maybe I can take it off my good intention list and on to my working on it list! So I will give it a go and see how it works! Of course, you have to know that most of my favorite recipes involve chocolate, but I will try to include other recipes too!

I made these cookies the other day and they really are yummy!
Larisa said, "I like these cookies because they always taste like they came fresh out of the oven!"


Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies:

1 cup butter, softened

2 cups brown sugar

2 eggs

2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 cups chocolate chips

In a medium bowl, stir together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda, gradually stir into the sugar mixture. Fold in the Chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto the cookie sheet.(I always line mine with parchment paper, They don't break apart.) Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.


4 comments:

AKA Rosa said...

That is such a cute picture of Larisa!!

averett's said...

I found a website that you can do that on if you want. I have yet to do it but it is basically blogging, but they have the layout for it and everything. You can include pictures with the recipes and memories as well! What a great idea for your girls! I wish my mom had done that for me when I was young. It is www.smilebox.com

Katie staten said...

What a wonderful idea! And I'm excited to see and try some of the recipes too.

The Nielsens said...

I love the cookies. they really do taste like they came out of the oven every time you eat them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!