Monday, February 9, 2009

Play Date

The other day my friend called and asked if I would tend her daughter while she worked on her church calling. I had a great time with Olivia. She remembered making cookies with me and I just mentioned it and she went right to cupboards and started pulling everything out! She was cute about it and she remembered every detail from making them earlier.(Smart little girl!) I took a couple of pictures and then she wanted me to warp one of her pictures like mine on my cabin fever post. She was a little scared seeing her picture. She talked pretty much non-stop the rest of the time. She was so excited for her mom to come and see her "scary, funny but scarry picture on the computer! She will laugh and say what happened to my livy? Than she will put my shoes on and off and on and off!" She made me laugh, a lot!! Then she wanted me to do her hair. I put it in a lot of ponies and tied ribbons and then dug up a dress I had waiting to put in the keepsake bin. She was feeling so pretty, so of course, I had to take pictures!!! The dress was big on her but she looked so cute!


I thought it would be fun to post a picture of my girls in the same dress. I made these for Easter one year. This is a picture of my girls, my mom and my nephew Nicolas! They grow up way too fast! I am so thankful for pictures and how they help me to remember all of their precious moments!


9 comments:

AKA Rosa said...

What a cute little girl. I know how much fun you had too!! Making cookies and taking pictures? Two of your favorites!! Fun picture of the girls, Grandma and Nicholas. Wasn't that just yesterday? :(

Katie staten said...

Oh my goodness! Is that not the most adorable little girl you've ever seen? What a cutie!

lol, I'd say just kidding, but I'm not. I really think she is. :)
But really thanks for watching her. She had a blast. And she is still looking for her "funny" (she seemed to forget it was scary) face picture. She had the greatest time. Thanks for being such a great friend.

Kasey said...

So cute. I love it.

Katie staten said...

I hope you realize I was setting myself up for the statement that you had 2 girls who are the most adorable. Because I do think your two are pretty darn adorable too. I just had to be a little cocky there. I'm over it now.

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

Those dresses are to die for and you sewed them. SO very impressive. You are one talented mother.

Debbie said...

Hey!! LOVE your blog and Christmas card, what a beautiful family!! We finally started one of our own:
http://oursweetlifeinthevalley.blogspot.com/

Miss you guys!!
Love, Christensens

Debbie said...

Hi Valerie!

My email is weeprints@mac.com, send me yours, it's fun to keep in touch with you guys!

Sonja said...

I loved that pretty pink dress. I sure loved her hair!

The Nielsens said...

I love the dreses that you made us and i am sad they do not fit any more. :( I loved wearing those dresses.