Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Potato Sharp Cheddar Chowder!

Did you know that Tiana is obsessed with cheese??? She talks about it all the time! She made a cover for her notebook that says, "Cheese Rocks!" Whenever she doesn't know what to say, well, she talk about cheese! She has come up with a lot of winners that I will remember forever! She said that she refuses to marry anyone unless his name his mouse for example. I cracked up while eating lunch with Tiana at school and it was quite for a second, and one little girl looked at Tiana and said, "say something about cheese!" They all started laughing in anticipation of what Tiana might say. The funny thing - it's not something we usually munch on at our house. So in her honor, I thought I would post one of our favorite soups - made with cheese! This is a really easy recipe and it is quick and warms you up on a cold day!
Potato Sharp Cheddar Chowder
5 cups frozen southern style hash brown potatoes, thawed
1 cup water
1 can cond. cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups 1% milk
1 cup light cream (I've uses half n half and just milk)
1 teaspoon garlic or onion powder
1/4 cup pre-cooked crumbled bacon
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
I always add italian seasoning for added flavor and color
Place thawed frozen potatoes and water in saucepan. Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook 5 -15 minutes or until cooked.
Whisk together soup, milk, cream and garlic powder; stir in bacon and cheese; add to cooked potatoes and stir; heat until cheese is melted and chowder is hot.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

The Nielsens said...

Tiana looks like a cute little mouse in that picture! I love that soup. it is my all time soup. if i had to chose one soup to eat for the rest of my life it would be that one for sure. no doubt about it. or thinking i could just atomaticly tell u my favorite!

Jess said...

I am making this tonight, and I am very excited to try it!

Jodi Gallagher said...

I am going to have to try this one out! Sounds yummy!