Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Favorite Valentines!!

This Valentines day I have felt very blessed for the love that I have felt during my life! I have been so blessed to be born into a home where I always felt loved. I have also been blessed to find my dear husband who I love so much. Then add on the blessings of my sweet daughters! So, I just wanted my family to know how much I love them and how thankful I am for each of them. I thought that I would write a few of the reason I love my little family and maybe someday I'll even have to write it for my parents and siblings!
Chris
I love that you love me for who I am and don't try to change me. I love it when I do something silly and you look at me with a big grin that says, "that's the girl I married!" I love the grin of success you get when you've teased me and I give you the reaction that you want! I love that you sometimes come home from work to no dinner and don't say anything to me about it, but go into the kitchen and start making dinner. I love watching you play with your daughters. I love that I get free therapy - you didn't know all your training was for me! I love that you make me feel safe. I love that you honor the priesthood. I love that we get to be together forever!!!
Larisa
I love that you always want to do what is right. I love that you are kind and thoughtful! I love that you come home and do your homework with out me saying anything. I love that you come home from Young Womans excited about what you've learned and share it with me. I love that you love everyone - you see everyone equal! I love that you love spending time at home and are content to spend time with just family. I love watching you tend children and see how kind you are! I love you for who you are!

Tiana

I love that you are sunshine in my life!!!! I love that your hugs squeeze any sadness from me. I love that you are always worried and concerned about me. I love that you stand up for the right. I love that you like to make sure others feel happy! I love that you make me laugh every day! I love that you are creative and come with such fun ideas! I love watching your friends light up when they see you, some even start laughing, just knowing you will make them laugh! I love you for being you!!!

6 comments:

Katie staten said...

"There's Valerie! There's Chris! That's Arisa! There's Tiana!" My little girl was very excited to see your family.
What a cute, heart-warming post.

AKA Rosa said...

What a great post Valerie. How wonderful for you to step back on Valentines Day and count your blessings. Sometimes it is so so so good for us especially during this dreary time of year to step back and see our blessings. How lucky and blessed we truly are.

Jess said...

I loved this post my friend and I love you, just for being you!

The Nielsens said...

OOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :'( it makes me want to cry!! I luv u lots and i am glad ur my mom

Jodi Gallagher said...

What a beautiful post! Your family is amazing! They are so blessed to have you in their lives!

The Nielsens said...

so cute!