Saturday, October 11, 2008

Church Sale - SCORE!!


My cute friend Kasey let us know about a church sale, and I happened to be going in that direction for my church calling - so I decided to stop by! I looked around for awhile - I found a lot of things that I though would be cute - but decided I didn't really need them. I looked under a table and I saw these pretty dishes. I always thought that white china would be fun so I could decorate the table to match the holiday instead of my dishes. Well, it was a service for 8, and had all the pieces - including bowls, gravy boat and things like that! It was $25 and I wasn't sure if I wanted them bad enough to spend that much money - I knew I didn't need them. Well I though, I'll offer them $20, and if they accept, I'll buy them for Chris to give me for my birthday. They wouldn't take $20, but by then I decided I wanted them bad enough and paid the $25. Well I came home and looked them up on the Internet to see how much they were worth - are you sitting down? They were being sold for $550!!! I was pretty pleased with my investment. I'll keep them still, but now if I break a dish I can just say, "I am sure glad I only paid $25"!! I love a good bargain!!

2 comments:

Katie staten said...

Way to go! They are really nice.

Kasey said...

Hurray!! I told you they had good treasures there. What a pretty set.