Monday, November 16, 2009

Relief Society is Awesome!

We have been trying as a Relief Society to do more service in the community. As one of our projects we put together Christmas Bags for the Veteran Hospital in our area. It started out as our ward and grew into 3 wards!! Amazing! Our ward goal started out at 20 bags! Well, we assembled them on Saturday and had so much fun! We ate yummy food and enjoyed visiting with one another! We worked on blankets and stamped cards and Christmas bags! We ended up putting together 78 bags!! It was so wonderful! Thanks you amazing sisters!!! Isn't it wonderful to a part of the Relief Society! I forgot to bring my camera, but here are some pictures of about 1/2 the bags that are being stored in my guest room until we can deliver them!


Happiness!

5 comments:

AKA Rosa said...

that is so awsome valerie...... it's wonderful to be a part of such an amazing worldwide organization

Kasey said...

yes, I had fun too.

Katie staten said...

Way to go organizing that. It was a great activity. I didn't help much at all, but I did get to visit a lot and enjoyed tasting a variety of soups. :)

Jodi Gallagher said...

Wow Val that is awesome! I just gave a lesson at one of the ladies in our wards home on the talk Pres Monson gave in conference about service. I am striving to do more. Service always makes us feel so good!

Sonja said...

That was a wonderful activity. Thanks for inviting us!