Monday, May 3, 2010

Coloring Eggs

I always look forward to coloring eggs! It is so much fun to see what colors you can create by dipping and re-dipping! I look around blog land and I see lots of fancy ways to color them, but I really like the traditional. My favorite is when my girls present me with an egg that they have made just for me!! I love spending the time with my family!

Larisa is talking to her dad in the picture - I love her expression!
Tia waiting for the fun to begin!
Did you know where the tradition of coloring eggs on Easter started?? I read the other day that is started by coloring them red to represent the blood that Christ so freely gave.

3 comments:

Jodi Gallagher said...

We love coloring eggs at our house too! I like the traditional style too!

Katie staten said...

Thanks for sharing about the eggs and how the tradition started. I always wondered about that. I like traditional as well, but the other day my 3 year old neice used a paintbrush and painted random colors on an egg for about 15 minutes. It turned out so cool.

AKA Rosa said...

2 thumbs WAYYYYY up on sticking with just the plain and simple egg dying. My FAVORITE :)